Created in Vienna, c.1900, this shield is composed of floral chased borders with central stage- like design and a curtain similar to that found on the traditional large peacock menorahs of that period. The central area has two chased outwardly facing lions holding up the Ten Commandments. A long Hebrew dedication cartouche is at the center bottom.
Engraved in Hebrew:
“THIS WAS DONATED BY THE RIGHTEOUS WOMEN OF OUR CONGREGATION TO THE CHEVRAH KADISCHA OF MONTSHANK”.