“The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease”
Thursday, June 2, 2016, 10-11am • Weinberg Library at Temple Israel
A workshop, presented by the Alzheimer’s Association, for anyone who would like to know more about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
The workshop’s information includes:
• Symptoms and effects of Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia
• How Alzheimer’s affects the brain
• Causes and risk factors
• How to find out if it’s Alzheimer’s disease
• The benefits of early detection
• How to address a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease
• Stages of the disease
• Hope for the future
• Ways the Alzheimer’s Association can help, Call their toll free 24/7 Helpline number- 800-272-3900. Information or referrals are available at www.alz.org
Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia are not a normal part of aging. It is a progressive and fatal brain disease that is the most common form of dementia.
Join us for a one-hour PowerPoint presentation with embedded video clips of professionals, individuals living with dementia and family care partners discussing various aspects of the disease. Following the PowerPoint presentation there will be a short Question and Answer session.
Registration is required. Please RSVP to The Alzheimers Association at 800-272-3900, or Laura Koziol at 248-661-5700 or [email protected].